Terms & Conditions
In the following terms & conditions “the photographer” and “the videographer” shall mean the team at Fatima Gulied Photography Ltd. “The client(s)” shall be those persons defined as bride and groom in the wedding booking, or individual party upon all other functions. It is agreed that the following terms set out the total agreement made between the parties and that no variation or modification of this contract shall be effective unless agreed by both parties in writing. A deposit payment received and signed contract given to the photographer/ videographer will be deemed as acceptance and agreement of the contract full.
1. Booking Fee/Deposit Payments: a. A booking fee of £200 is required to secure your booking. b. If you accept/pay the booking fee and then cancel after you are liable for the full cancellation fee (£200), it will be considered as liquidated damages to the Photographers. In certain cases the manager my reduce the cancellation fee however this is under the managers discretion and will be on a case by case basis. c. Customer deposit/booking fee is non-transferable d. By paying your Booking Fee you are entering into a legally binding contract and accepting our Terms & Conditions in full.
2. Reschedule: Weddings/functions that are postponed to a later date will retain the fee as long as: a. The Photographer/Videographer can re-schedule for the new date and time
3. Wedding Arrangements: The details of the wedding arrangements are to be agreed beforehand in writing (email is acceptable). If you make any last minute changes to the schedule of your wedding, then please make sure that we are informed immediately. We cannot be held responsible for shots that are missed due to uninformed changes.
4. Cancellation: The client may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to the Photographer/Videographer but in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid. If a cancellation is made after the balance is paid in full, a refund may be given based on Managing Directors’ discretion, however the booking fee is non-refundable, so the refund will be calculated on the remaining balance.
5. Display: The client(s) hereby allow the Photographer/Videographer to display any photograph or film covered by this contract and to generally promote the business in advertising, brochures, magazine articles, websites, social media, sample albums, sample footage etc. We of course respect our clients privacy, so should it be a requirement that any particular images or video footage are not to be used for this purpose then please provide instruction in writing accordingly.
6. Images: The Photographer will provide a pleasing colour balance but cannot guarantee exact colour matching owing to the anomalous reflectance cause by a combination of certain dues and materials especially man-made fibres. It is sometimes impossible to record on film or digitally the exact colour as seen by the human eye. After your wedding (or alternative function), duplicate, unsuitable and images that do not meet the Photographer/Videographer’s exacting standards will be culled (deleted). The remaining set of images and/or film footage will be those presented to the client(s).
7. Retouching: All images will be adjusted for exposure, brightness, contrast, sharpness etc. The Photographer/Videographers’ judgement regarding these corrections and the number of images put forward to the client for preview shall be deemed correct.
8. Digital Images and Film Footage/Trailers: For digital supply of images and/or film footage, license to print or share digitally, such as on social media is granted to the client only. Please note that is for personal use. Images cannot be used for commercial use or gain by the client or by any Third Party without the express written permission of The Photographer/Videographer. The images will be supplied as a jpg file at a size and dots per inch format suitable for general use by the client.
9. Time frames: Please bare in mind it will take 12-18 weeks for us to complete your gallery. These times will very during busy/quiet periods. In certain circumstances you are able to receive your gallery in a shorter time frame for a fee (please ask more information), under managers discretions.
10. Copyright: The copyright Designs and Patents Acts assign the copyright of the images to the Photographer. Any images or copies of images whether stored digitally or otherwise and any computer program including any source or object code, computer files or printed documentation relating to such images are protected by the Copyright and Design Act 1988. It is contrary to the Act to copy or allow to be copied photographically/electronically or by any other means an images created as part of this contract without the permission of The Photographer in writing.
11. License: The Photographer/Videographer shall be granted artistic licence in relation to the poses photo/filmed and the locations used. The Photographer/Videographers’ judgement regarding the locations/poses and number of images taken shall be deemed correct. Due to the vagaries of the weather and the willingness of subjects it may not be possible to capture all the images requested.
12. Attendance: In the unlikely event of the assigned Photographer/Videographer being unable to attend your wedding (or alternative function) due to unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to appoint another Photographer/Videographer to attend your wedding on our behalf to undertake the wedding photography/videography to their best ability.
13. Harassment Policy: Ensuring the appropriate behaviour of all guests and other persons at the wedding (or alternative function) covered by the Photographer/Videographer shall be the responsibility of the client. In the event the Photographer/Videographer experiences any inappropriate, threatening, hostile or offensive behaviour, or feels at risk to person or equipment, either from any guest, other person attending, or from persons in the vicinity of the function, then the Photographer/Videographer reserves the right to end coverages immediately, with the client being advised verbally at the time and a formal written advisement within 48 hours. The Photographer/Videographer shall be entitled to retain all monies paid and the client agrees to not hold the Photographer/Videographer responsible as a result of incomplete photography/videography footage.
14. Restriction of Movement: For bookings at certain venues the photographer/videographer's movements are sometimes restricted by the guests. The area from which the videographer is able to shoot may not be the desired choice for the videographer. Therefore the videographer cannot accept responsibility for any obstructed view should this be the case. The use of artificial lighting may be restricted or prohibited. Client(s) are strongly advised to check with the appropriate official before signing this contract.
15. Files: All files shall remain the property of Fatima Gulied Photography and shall be kept for no less than 6 months from the event date at one site.
16. Equipment: Although all equipment is checked regularly and reasonable steps are taken to ensure back up equipment is available, the photographer will not be responsible for footage that are not produced due to technical failure, either at the shooting or processing stage.
17. Final Draft: Upon taking possession of the finished product, the client must inform Fatima Gulied Photography of any technical/other problems with their product within 1 month of receipt. After the 1 month period, if no notification has been received, the client will be deemed satisfied with their product.
18. Exclusive Photographer: The Photographer (and/or any photographers hired by Fatima Gulied Photography) shall be the exclusive photographer(s) retained by the Client. Family and friends of the clients and other event vendors shall not interfere with the Photographer’s duties. Guests will be asked to refrain from taking flash photographs at certain intervals of the event to ensure proper exposure of images.
19. Governing Law: This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
20. Agreement: By making payment you are agreeing to our terms and condition and will adhere to the above.
Thank you for choosing the service of Fatima Gulied Photography Ltd. We look forward to working with you.
Managing Direct & Founder Fatima Gulied Photography Ltd
M: +44 7957 482945
UK Company Registration: 11836053